In Game Profile Link

It would be good replace now defunct G+ profile link in game with a link to your profile in this community.

Comments

• FilotesFilotes ✭✭

Yes great

• Makes sense

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭

To be able to make a "everyone" friendly bio about yourself, show your actual Ingress Profile here and such. There should also be options to keep profile hidden, faction only or everyone can view.

• mweepmweep ✭✭

That's certainly an interesting idea! I could see some privacy concerns, but I mean as long as it's voluntary opt-in, I don't see an issue

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

That's an awesome idea. I found this post because I wanted to check whether somebody already suggested, that you should be able to post a link to a social media profile in your community bio (btw: not an easy task with this rudimentary community search tool).

Ingress agents are often very intelligent and nerdy people. I found awesome links and content related and non-related to Ingress by checking their G+ profiles when it still was a thing. Moreover I was able to get directly in contact in some cases through Hangouts (e.g. for community onboarding, operation recruiting or to explain an individual agent why I wanted to flip one of his portals).

Having an optional profile button in the scanner pointing to your bio in this community and then a social media and messenger link in your community bio would bring back what was a unique feature of Ingress: not only linking portals but people too.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

You can do this manually anyway, making a link available would just make it more convenient, and at the same time make the existence of the forum more known to players.