Thank you @NianticBrian, @NianticPooja, and everyone for the welcome! I’m really excited to be here and look forward to working with you to enjoy Ingress and our community together. I wanted to post something separately for those interested.
A bit more about me…
- I have a background in production, all the managements (product/project/program), events, operations, and community but it will take some time adjusting to how Niantic works.
- I love to travel - I didn’t start until way later in life but I’ve seen a lot of Europe (Austria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland - not in that order) and look forward to getting back out there just as much as many of you.
- I take a lot of bad selfies - hence the stuffed animal proxies.
- While I play ENL hard, both factions are needed and important - I think I’m pretty xfac friendly/neutral but I’m sure my locals will call me out if they think otherwise ;).
- I have a sarcastic/dry (and inappropriate 😬) sense of humor. It is who I am and I will do my best to keep this in check because I know that it can be misinterpreted - especially for non-native English speakers - and it can be hard to infer intent and tone in text. My go-to is to crack a joke or make light of a situation to make people laugh and I realize that as passionate players, we may not always take things that way. (I know that when I’m having a Bad Day™, I don’t always read things the way they were intended.)
- Because I have worked with global communities for the last decade, I’m cognizant of seeming US-focused and will do my best to think globally. I will rely on our global Ingress team and our Vanguards, XMAs, and Trusted Reporters to help me with this and to consider things that I may not be aware of.
- Mountains, water, hiking, camping
- Some sportsball
- 80s music, cheesy movies
- Cherry Pepsi but regular Coke
- But Pepsi with grenadine? 🤤
- Also, Code Red Mountain Dew > all
- Cherry/Fruit Punch Starburst, Fruit Punch Frootsies
- Mexican and Italian foods
- Long walks off short cliffs; wait…
Things I’m working on in the short term:
- A LOT OF LEARNING.
- Distributed Mission Days and NL-1331 prep (as well as learning about other Live Event Things™).
- Plans for community engagement.
- Learn all the things!
- Things that I’m eager to investigate once I’m settled (in no particular order and this is NOT what’s been given to me by NIA, it is a select few of my own personal interests to talk to the team about and is not a promise of anything):
- Missions/Banners: What is the status of the authoring tool? How does the approval process work?
- Live Events: Where is it safe to do them? What can we do to support those who can’t be there?
- Welcoming New Players: How do we recruit? How can we keep them around? How do we help them get a foundation?
- Spoofing/Anti-Cheat: This is a big one; I know spoofing and anti-cheat efforts are a big concern in many areas (heck, one of my portals was just spoofed down recently) and I want to dig in and learn more about what we’re doing now, what we want to do, and what role I play in these efforts. In areas with spoofing problems, agents’ ability to enjoy the game is negatively impacted and that sucks.
- I plan to keep my NIA and personal channels separate because of previously stated humor disclaimer and so that when I’m playing, I can enjoy playing. (When I’m fielding or uniquing or bannering, I’m fielding, uniquing, or bannering!) See below for my NIA channels and I’ll link the main ones in my forum signature. Feel free to reach out to one I’ve listed to verify if concerned!
- Did I mention there are a lot of things to learn and wrap my head around?
- I read the forums and have read recent top threads.
- Once I have my bearings, I will do my best to be transparent and proactive. If I mess up, I will eat my words and I hope (expect) to provide new, fun TMs for us to use together (in a Good Way™).
- My official channels:
- Telegram: @TOASTYthia (adventures)
- Twitter: @NianticThia
- Instagram: @NianticThia
- TikTok: @NianticThia (if I use this, we’re all in for a treat 😅…)
The XM Ambassadors (XMAs) are Ingress Agents who are active participants in the Ingress Forum. They’re passionate about Ingress, excited to engage with other community members in the Ingress Forum, share gameplay tips, and share constructive, actionable feedback with the Ingress team. We are looking for 30 XMAs (15 per Faction), across all Levels, regions, and languages. If you are interested, read on for the eligibility criteria and send in your application.
- Agents of any Level can apply; however, to ensure equal distribution across Levels, there may be a limit to the number of Agents eligible from each group.
- Agents must be active in the Ingress Forum and should adhere to the Ingress Community Guidelines and the Agent Protocol.
- Proficiency in non-English languages will be a huge plus. However, note that all interactions with the Ingress team will be in English.
- Installation of a Beta version of Ingress on Android or iOS on the Agent’s mobile device.
- Actively test Beta versions of the Scanner and share feedback in the private community.
- Continued participation in the public Ingress Forum.
- Share gameplay related feedback with the Ingress team.
- XMAs must follow the Ingress Community Guidelines and the Agent Protocol while interacting with other Agents in the community.
Rewards and Recognition:
- Access to the XMAs private community.
- Early access to Beta versions of the Scanner.
- Special badge in the Ingress Forum.
- Top tips every month will be showcased in the Ingress Newsletter and Niantic social channels.
How does this program compare with the Vanguards and the Trusted Reporters Programs?
Participants in the Vanguards and Trusted Reporters programs are usually high level Agents with experience in strategic, competitive gameplay. The XMAs will be open to Agents of all Levels and gameplay preferences — not restricted to a specific Level or length of time as an Agent.
Vanguards are a group of High-Level Agents and local leaders with experience in strategic, competitive gameplay who provide feedback on gameplay-related initiatives, Anomaly rules and NIA Ops policies.
Trusted Reporters are nominated by other Agents for their keen understanding of the gameplay and local knowledge and trusted to escalate critical issues that impact gameplay.
Will the XMAs be able to fast track spoofer requests?
No, XMAs will not have special Fast Track status. Any Ingress Agent can use the current Fast Track process for reporting suspected spoofing incidents.
We are rolling out an update to the Fast Track program. Going forward, Agents can submit Fast Track requests via the Help Center.
To request for a fast track for spoofing incidents, follow these steps:
- Access the In-app Support within the Scanner
- Contact support by tapping the button at the top-right corner of the screen
- Choose the Option ‘Report Inappropriate Gameplay’
- Follow the prompts to provide the necessary information regarding the report
- Once the report has been filed, you’ll receive an automated response with the ticket ID and the link for the Fast Track form.
- Submit the form with the relevant information. NIA OPS will fast track eligible tickets. If your ticket isn't eligible for a fast track, it will be reviewed as per the regular timeline. For more info on what happens to your reports, read https://bit.ly/opsactions
The Trusted Reporters will retain their fast track status and continue to share local intel on suspicious cases and bot farms with NIA OPS. For more information on the Trusted Reporters Program, the Vanguards Program or the Portal Reset process, go to https://bit.ly/IngressAgentProtocol
We’ve added a new Beacon type to Ingress: Fireworks. Fireworks can be deployed on any Portal, even a Portal with an existing Beacon or Portal Fracker already deployed, and display on the Target Portal for 10 minutes. Like traditional Beacons, they are visual markers that don’t affect hack output; however, Fireworks have both motion and sound:
- Enlightened Fireworks x3 (1,000 CMU)
- Resistance Fireworks x3 (1,000 CMU)
To celebrate this month’s First Saturday on July 4 and to help light up the Portal Network, we’ve also added a free (0 CMU) Fireworks Loadout with 1 Enlightened Firework and 1 Resistance Firework to try the feature. Stay safe, and see you (virtually) this IFS weekend.
Together with FevGames, we've made some adjustments to First Saturday so that you can participate without being outside. We are excited to have our first Virtual First Saturday this coming Saturday on May 2nd.
First Saturday has been a successful cross-faction social event bringing together Agents from various levels of experience. We're excited to continue fostering this social connection virtually with other Agents in the community and spread positivity during these uncertain times.
For full details, check out FevGames website here: https://fevgames.net/ifs-at-home
Registration is open until Thursday, April 30th 23:59 UTC time.