We launched a new blog in May that allows more functionality than the Community Forum.
Find the latest Ingress news and updates at Ingress.com/News.
The goal of this monthly Ingress Ask Me Anything (AMA) is to answer questions you may have about Ingress -- within reason and with a few restrictions.
- Write your post in the form of a question.
- Do not ask multiple questions on multiple topics in a single post. One topic per post.
- Be constructive. Rhetorical terrorists and hyperbolic posts are going to be ignored. If there is something you are unhappy with, explain what it is you don't like.
- Be respectful. Ingress isn't perfect. I am an imperfect person. If you are disrespectful, you are going to at a minimum be blocked.
- Don't ask about other Niantic products. This AMA is Ingress focused.
- Read the previous AMA's. A repeat question is likely to go unanswered.
- The AMAs are not a place to seek personal assistance or ask us to research a specific ticket. For support, contact @niantichelp on Twitter or submit a ticket yet for your issue, go to
Tips for getting your question answered:
- Don't write in generalities. Provide details so myself and the team can be informed.
- Don't write lengthy essays or add non-vital information to your post. You should be able to ask your question using only a few sentences.
- Don't use what-ifs or how-abouts. Get to the point.
- Don't write a one-way argument. We aren't debating.
It's okay to have fun with this. We welcome compliments and criticism as long as they follow the rules.
Welcome to the Ingress Community! We’ve created this space for Ingress Agents of all levels who are interested in connecting with one another to discuss various aspects of the Ingress experience, from gameplay and events to story and support. We encourage you to be active in your discussions and share your experience and perspective with others.
If you need account-specific help, please submit a ticket through in-app Help or through http://www.ingress.com/support. While we can answer general questions about Ingress, we are not able to discuss account-specific issues in a public platform like this.
Here are some guidelines to help you make the most of your experience in the Community:
I. Avoid Inappropriate Content
We may review the content you create within the Ingress Community and we may remove it if we believe it’s inappropriate. Content that should be avoided includes but isn’t limited to:
- Sexually explicit or pornographic content
- Depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence
- Obscenities, profanity or derogatory content
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Hate speech or other content promoting hatred against members of a protected group (e.g. racist or sexist content)
II. Avoid Discussing or Promoting illicit gameplay or services
Ingress is meant to be played on your mobile device and get you outdoors to explore the world. Avoid discussions on using modified client software or unauthorized third-party software that violate our Terms of Service.
III. Treat others with respect
It’s in everyone’s best interest to keep things courteous and fun for all in the game, in the Community and in the real world.
Here are a few principles of respect to keep in mind:
- Never defame, abuse, ****, harm, ****, or threaten another player.
- Never violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Never impersonate other players or Niantic staff.
- Never expose players’ identities without their consent (“dox”). This includes any information about another user’s identity, including their name, phone number, email address or physical address, even if a player discloses that info first.
- Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.
IV. Don’t post unrelated content or Spam
This community is for Ingress Agents. Keep the discussions to Ingress-related topics. All posts that are solely related to non-Ingress topics will be considered spam and subject to removal and/or disciplinary actions.
As the community grows, there will be more and more resources available to resolve your question. If everyone uses the search box at the top of the page first, we can avoid repeat questions, many of which already have great answers.
Your Community account may be suspended or terminated if we notice unwelcome behavior.