It’s time to revisit memory lane. Starting now to April 15, 2020, we want to hear about the most interesting Portals you have encountered. Head over to your Portal keys and share a screenshot of your favorite Portal along with a short note on what makes it special.
All participants will receive an exclusive passcode that can be redeemed by two Agents. Interesting stories will be reshared on the official Ingress channels.
Include in your post:
- A screenshot of the Portal key
- A short note on why it’s special to you
- Your codename
- Tag it with #myfavePortal
- [Optional] Intel Map link
How many Portals can I share?
As many as you like starting now to April 15, 2020. Each Agent will receive 1 exclusive passcode regardless of the number of entries shared.
Which platform should I share the posts?
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram; pick your favorite. We’ll also be checking the Ingress community if you choose to share there.
When will I receive the passcode?
The passcode will be sent via email to your Ingress login email associated with the codename mentioned in the post. Passcodes will be sent after April 16, 2020.
For over seven years, Ingress has been part of my daily life. About four years ago, I took a risk and was blessed with an opportunity to turn my passion of Ingress into a career when Niantic hired me as employee number thirty-six after they spun out from Google. It is with mixed feelings that I have to inform you all that Monday, December 30th will be my last day at Niantic. This was not an easy decision. I searched my heart though and through. Ultimately, I felt it was the right decision for me and the next chapter of my life.
I am proud to have contributed in ways both seen and unseen across the company when I look back on the last four years. One of my main goals when I accepted the position was to conduct myself objectively and without bias towards either Faction. I wanted people to know that I was not Enlightened Agent RedSoloCup the Ingress Global Community Manager (GCM), I was Andrew Krug the Ingress GCM. In a short amount of time you embraced me in my new role and recognized the difference between Agent and person. That enabled me to make human connections and have shared experiences that I never thought possible.
The community is the lifeblood of Ingress. Over the last seven years, this “game” has brought me an immense amount of joy. I established new friendships that have transcended the game. I have performed the wedding ceremony of two Ingress couples and have been invited to many more as a guest. However, it has brought me pain as well. Sadly, several friends I made through Ingress have passed away over the years too. The two that hit me the hardest was Frank Maxwell from Ireland, aka Agent Reviresco and Cadre Roony (Josh) from GORUCK. I was honored to have interviewed Frank on Behind The Scanner back in 2014. He was one of the truly good people who exuded positivity and was just fascinating to talk to as well. I was equally as honored to get to know Josh. We were born the same year, both had kids, both from the state of Wisconsin, and we both had a connection to the U.S. Army. He used to bring fresh cheese curds to events for me. It was a little slice of home that he shared. He also gave a lot of himself to his community, family, and friends as well.
As a community, we’ve pulled each other up and supported one another through illness, hard times, the loss of loved ones, and any number of natural disasters. As a community we’ve also celebrated the birth of Ingress children, cancer remissions, graduations, new jobs, weight loss, and many other positive things together. These are the things that make Ingress special in my opinion -- the human connection it reinforces. Thank you for allowing me to share in the joys and for allowing me to support you during the hard times when I could.
Your admiration and support over the years has been humbling. Making my portrait out of cross-faction fields!?! I will forever be in awe of that. I’ll miss reading the hundreds of letters you sent to my P.O. box and collecting the thousands of bio cards we’ve traded at events. To the Agent that cosplayed as me during a Japan NL1331 tour, your fake beard was impressive but it scared me a little too. I have shared meals with players from Alaska, Dublin, Tokyo and a ton of cities in-between. I have traveled this world visiting over two dozen countries and probably 100 unique cities to interact and meet with you. You invited me into your homes to meet your families. You have showered me with affection that I can never repay. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! These memories will be everlasting and have enriched me in ways I didn’t think possible.
I have interacted with so many diverse people and seen a side of humanity that few people ever will. I am blessed beyond words. I wish everyone on the planet could experience what I have. At a time when most of the news seems to be reduced to click bait or rhetoric designed to inflame the differences, we as human beings have; Ingress doesn’t care about any of that. Are you blue or green? That’s all that matters.
I’ll leave you with this advice. Try to respect one another. When you communicate with other people, be accountable for the words you choose. Don’t be rhetorical terrorists. The choices you make every day can impact those around you in a positive or negative way and you have no idea what a person is going through on a daily basis. You don’t need to hit the enter key on every message you type. Choose your words wisely and be constructive. Accept and embrace all the things that make us unique and different from one another. The world is not a perfect place and people are inherently fallible -- including myself.
Thank you for making these past four years as your Global Community Manager so rewarding. Ingress is truly more than a game.
Happy hacking, Agents!
One of the things I have always loved about Ingress is that it is incredibly powerful at making and reinforcing human connections. At times like this when Agents experience a loss, many of you have expressed interest in a way to remember friends you’ve met via Ingress. I’m honored to let everyone know that starting today there will be a free 0 CMU Reawakens Beacon appearing the In-App-Store.
With the news of Resistance Agent EllaMinnowPea passing, and her immensely positive impact on the community, the team wanted to explore offering Agents a way to remember their friend. Personally, I think this specific Beacon seemed fitting as a first step towards doing something for those who have given back to the Ingress community. Especially for Agent EllaMinnowPea since she enjoyed what Camp Navarro was about and the MAGNUS symbolism of this particular beacon.
Just so you are aware, there is currently a limit of one free beacon per Agent and the image in the store is the bundle/item image not the image of the actual beacon. Once you obtain the beacon you won’t be able to get again once you use it. More to come on future offerings like this.
In the coming days, you will receive an update to the Ingress Prime Scanner.
- Feature: User Interface (UI) Update 1 implemented. Changes include…
- UI: Updated all Inventory screens for greater visual clarity and consistency.
- UI: Altered aspects of the Key list screen to be more visible.
- UI: Altered the Portal information screen to make certain elements easier to see.
- UI: Moved the Store out of the Inventory screen.
- UI: Added a world map marker to the Deploy screen to indicate where a selected Resonator is or where a new one will be deployed.
- UI: Simplified the layout of messages related to linking. Now all messages appear in a single place, right below the centered Key.
- UI: Updated the look of some of the pop-up (Toast) messages to make them smaller and less obtrusive.
- UI: Added additional toast messages for Inventory interaction to explain why some buttons were/are inactive.
- UI: Added an option in the Key Detail view to expand very long Portal descriptions.
- UI: Tweaked some of the dialogue button layouts to be bigger and easier to click on.
- UI: Added instructional messages under each carousel to inform Agents of their purpose and how to use them.
- UI: Adjusted the item reward box that pops-up after a successful Hack.
- UI: Removed the (X) button and replaced it with a cancel button on pop-up windows.
- UI: The main selected item in the item carousel was made slightly smaller and the unselected items slightly bigger. This helped to reduce the spacing and display more of the unselected items.
- UI: Improved the functionality and visibility of the Link carousel.
- UI: Improved the “More Missions” button.
- UI: Switched the red Compass to dynamic (pointing North) and yellow for static Compass (previously the opposite).
- UI: Addressed some readability issues with certain fonts.
- UI: Changed the background color to match background color of the Mission details.
- UI: Added title to map view and increased size of map.
- UI: Added Agent names to main Portal Interaction view. They will fade in after about a second.
- UI: Dimmed Resonator previews when Portal is neutral.
- UI: Adding commas to item and Key counts.
- UI: Adjusted the size of Power Cube tap button.
- UI: Updated the look of the loading spinner.
- UI: Optimized the animation of the mods when click to expand them. Also adjusted their scale and format.
- UI: Fixed an issue where the mods would not align properly.
- UI: Repositioned the recharge buttons and altered the color of the text.
- UI: Updated Key icon in the recharge screen and altered the color.
- UI: When making a Link the distance will now be more visible.
- UX: Added XM calculations for recycling items by rarity.
- UX: Added Button to Drop a Key directly from Key Detail view.
- UX: When a Portal cannot be charged the text “Charge” is now gray
- Bug: Fixed a memory leak issue related to the Scanner map.
- Bug: Adjusted the item carousel and other buttons to be better optimized for the iPhone X.
- Bug: Fixed a bug causing the top recharge panel to overlap other visualizations.
- Bug: Fixed an issue when interacting with or rotating the map that caused item, Portal, or other interactions to inadvertently be triggered.
- Bug: Updated the end of new Agent tutorial to correctly display the Agent’s name, icon, and recommendations for next steps.
- Bug: Fixed a bug that prevented swiping on the main menu button.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the end of the new Agent tutorial appears immediately after restarting the tutorial.
- Bug: Fixed bug where a Mod slot would appear inactive when full
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the map on the Missions page was not properly aligned
- Bug: Fixed an issue causing empty Resonators to show up when scrolling the Key List view.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the main Portal buttons were darkened or invisible after a user cancelled a long press.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where Shards on other Portals could sometimes be seen in the main Portal view.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where the Power Cube view could overlap other user interface elements in the Portal Interaction screen.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where one of the Key scrollbars in Capsule management overlapped Key names.
- Bug: Fixing and issue where the Store close button could be off-screen.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where XM would not show up.
- Bug: Fixed an issue with players getting a double toast message when out of XM.
- Bug: Resolved various Inventory UI bugs.
- Bug: Resolved various bugs with Resonator selection in the Portal interaction screen.
- Bug: Fixed a bug related to field creation.
- Bug: Fixed an issue where an Agent name could overlap the Portal image
- Bug: Fixed an issue causing the Glyph command channel to be non-responsive.
WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON NEXT?
- Improvements to map readability in sunlight
- UI Update 2
- Overall app stability
- Portal Edits & Reporting
- Continued bug fixes and parity
To see a list of known issues go here: http://bit.ly/IngressPrimeKnownIssues
The goal of this monthly Ingress Ask Me Anything (AMA) is to answer questions you may have about Ingress -- within reason and with a few restrictions.
- Write your post in the form of a question.
- Do not ask multiple questions on multiple topics in a single post. One topic per post.
- Be constructive. Rhetorical terrorists and hyperbolic posts are going to be ignored. If there is something you are unhappy with, explain what it is you don't like.
- Be respectful. Ingress isn't perfect. I am an imperfect person. If you are disrespectful, you are going to at a minimum be blocked.
- Don't ask about other Niantic products. This AMA is Ingress focused.
- Read the previous AMA's. A repeat question is likely to go unanswered.
- The AMAs are not a place to seek personal assistance or ask us to research a specific ticket. For support, contact @niantichelp on Twitter or submit a ticket yet for your issue, go to
Tips for getting your question answered:
- Don't write in generalities. Provide details so myself and the team can be informed.
- Don't write lengthy essays or add non-vital information to your post. You should be able to ask your question using only a few sentences.
- Don't use what-ifs or how-abouts. Get to the point.
- Don't write a one-way argument. We aren't debating.
It's okay to have fun with this. We welcome compliments and criticism as long as they follow the rules.
Important: Please do not post requests for new Portals here. All new Portal requests will be removed.
In the community, choose the relevant subcategory and select the Ask a Question Option. To do this, click the arrow next to New Discussion and choose Ask a Question::
Use the following template to submit your appeal:
- Category: [Invalid Portal Report/Location Edit/Title or Description Edit/Portal Photo]
- Title of the Portal:
- Location: [Lat/lon or link to Intel Map]
- Screenshot of the Rejection Email: [Required if you are appealing an invalid Portal report or an edit]
- Photos to support your claim:
Note: Appeals that do not include all requested information will be marked as invalid and won’t be reviewed.
We will post a comment with our final decision after careful review of all information provided in the appeal post:
- Appeal Accepted: We decided to overturn our previous decision.
- Appeal Denied: We decided to not overturn our previous decision.
- Insufficient Evidence - Resubmit: We reviewed your appeal but could not find any evidence to overturn the appeal; Resubmit if you have any additional context.
- Invalid Appeal: Appeal is in the wrong format or the original report has not been rejected yet. Please wait until you receive the rejection email to appeal the candidate.
We're always recruiting more agents for the academy! Weekly Ingress Podcast talking about the latest Ingress news and community happenings. We love getting ideas on how to improve ingress and discuss them each episode as well. You can find us on all itunes, google play, spotify, youtube, twitch, etc. Join the Academy today!